Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is MedEdPORTAL?
- A free, online publication for high-quality health education scholarship and materials
- Peer-reviewed by health education experts
- Open to anyone with internet access
- A continuously published journal (average time to final decision is 94 days)
- Indexed in MEDLINE
- 38% acceptance rate
- 90% of submissions have copyright issues (citation)
- 3,000 downloads per month
- 129 publications per year
How to use this Guide
This guide is designed for people who want to submit to MedEdPORTAL and need guidance regarding the use of images in their materials.
Preparing to Submit
Tips for preparing the Educational Summary Report (ESR) and images for submission
Creative Commons and Public Domain
Describes what public domain and Creative Commons licensing is, and why it matters for MedEdPortal
Describes attribution for non-author content
Describes common issues with images in MedEdPORTAL submissions. 90% of submissions have copyright issues. Learn how to identify the image source, find images, and create images.
Contact your librarian
Contact your liaison librarian if you would like to set up a consultation discussing your MedEdPORTAL submission.