Interlibrary Loan Process
Want materials (e.g. books, articles) that the library doesn't have? Use Interlibrary Loan!
- Find the citation or source for the item. If it's a book in the IU system, "Request This," in IUCAT. For everything else, use ILL.
- Logon to ILLiad. Library Home Page > Interlibrary Loan. OR IUPUI University Library Interlibrary Loan Services from "Find It" link
- Fill out the appropriate form (book, article, thesis, etc).
- Your request is sent to librarians
- Librarians request materials from another library
- Your material is sent back to IUPUI
- You receive an email telling you your material has arrived
- Retrieve your material at the Service & Information Desk or at the ILL website
- PDF files are yours to keep. Books must be returned