What is a subject liaison?
Subject liaisons are librarians designated by the library to serve specific schools, departments, and programs and to support the teaching, learning, and research needs of faculty and students in these units. The extent of each liaison's activity will be affected by the nature of the discipline; departments, schools, and programs are not all alike and will not require the same degree of liaison activity.
What do subject liaisons do?
- Facilitate faculty and student research (research consultations) and the dissemination of their results (e.g., data management, open access, IUPUI ScholarWorks)
- Engage with information literacy instruction and assessment
- Promote academic integrity
- Create subject and course-specific research guides, tutorials, and library resources for Canvas
- Consult with faculty on assignment and syllabus design
- Develop collections that support the curriculum
- Build effective working relationships with faculty and students